New Evolve extension release: version 7.2.02018-01-16
We pushed a new release of evolve and topic: 7.2.0.
As usual, the release is available on pypi and upgrade is recommended.
This version comes with the usual various bug fixes and improvement. It also includes a large rework of the experimental obsolescence markers discovery protocol we call "obshashrange". The newer protocol is faster to compute and cache. It was able to handle all the repositories it has been tested on (up to around 1 millions revisions). The experimental is still turned off by default, use experimental.obshashrange=yes to use it.
- evolve: changes to the on-disk format for interrupted evolve
- evolve: --continue now properly preserve phase (issue5720)
- evolve: --continue now properly reports merges as evolve
- commit: suggest using topic on new heads
--revertflag added to clean the wdir after uncommit
- obslog: add color support to content-diff output with --patch
hg prevbehavior on obsolete changesets
- no longer issues "obsolete working copy" message during no-op
- use the new instabilities names from mercurial 4.4+
hg evolve --listand other messages)
New algorithm for obshashrange discovery:
The new algorithm is faster, simpler to cache and with better complexity. It is able to handle repository of any size (naive python implementation is a bit slow). Support for the previous experimental approach has been dropped, please update both clients and servers. This new discovery method is disabled by default. Use experimental.obshashrang=yes on both client and server.
- fix compatibility with Mercurial-4.3
- new template keyword
topicto get changesets topic